Shipping & Returns
Terms and Conditions of Purchase
ATAGO prides itself on offering a full line of refractometers for many different customer applications to measure the concentration of liquid samples (the amount of dissolved soluble solids in a liquid) and the refractive index of solid samples. To minimize any need for a return, if you are unsure which instrument or product will work best with your measurement needs, please contact ATAGO at 1-877-ATAGO-US (1-877-282-4687). A helpful ATAGO representative can assist you in selecting the best product for your needs.
By placing an order with ATAGO, you have read and accepted the Terms and Conditions of Purchase.
- All items in stock will be shipped within 1-2 business days upon receipt of the order.
- If an item is not in stock, an ATAGO representative will contact you to advise of the approximate lead time to fulfill the order.
- Special Order item sales are final and cannot be canceled or returned. Special Order Items on back-order cannot be canceled and are non-refundable.
- All shipping charges are the responsibility of the purchaser.
- Credit Cards are charged at the time of checkout, regardless of the item's stock status.
- Products can only be billed and shipped to addresses within the United States. ATAGO does not ship to PO Boxes or APO/FPO addresses.
- ATAGO will accept most returns within 30 days from the original date of purchase.
- An RMA number must be obtained from ATAGO before returning the order. Contact an ATAGO representative to obtain an RMA number at 1-877-ATAGO-USA (1-877-282-4687). ** Any unit returned without authorization will not be accepted and returned to the purchaser at their own expense.
- Upon receiving an authorized returned item, ATAGO will inspect the item to ensure it is free of any physical damage due to user abuse or neglect and that all accessories were included. Product(s) returned that is/are damaged will not be accepted and returned at the purchaser’s expense. Missing accessories will be charged and deducted from the refund due.
- Return Shipping is the responsibility of the purchaser.
- All returned items are subject to a 30% restocking fee. If the unit is returned with missing or damaged accessories (including, but not limited to, the outer box, battery covers, instruction manuals, etc.), the cost of these accessories plus the 30% restocking fee will be deducted from the refund.
- The shipping and handling charge on the original order will not be credited under any circumstances.
- Special order sales on instruments or parts are final and are not returnable under any circumstances.
- Exceptions to the restocking fee will only be allowed for an exchange. See below for details on exchanges.
- If an incorrect item was ordered and the purchaser would like to exchange it for the correct item, the 30% restocking fee will be waived, but any missing items or damage will be charged. Shipping and handling charges will not be credited.
a. Special order Items are not eligible for exchange.
b. Any price difference between the returned product and the correct product + the new shipping charges must be paid by the purchaser before shipping.
c. If the exchange results in a credit to the purchaser, a refund will be issued (original payment received less the cost of the replacement product, shipping and handling charges, and the original shipping and handling charges).
Items received in error
- If an instrument or part is received in error, contact ATAGO immediately upon receipt.
- ATAGO will provide instructions for the return of any mis-shipped order.
- Upon receiving the returned unit to ATAGO, the original order will be reprocessed and shipped at no additional cost.
Items under Warranty
1. ATAGO instruments consist of precision optical parts (prism and objective lens) and electronic parts. Instruments and their parts are warranted against manufacturer defects for one (1) year from the original purchase date and are non-transferable. Limitations and extended warranties for instruments are listed below.
Warranty service for eligible repairs during the manufacturer warranty period is performed at no charge. After the manufacturer warranty period has expired, the repair cost will be subject to evaluation. For any service repair, contact ATAGO directly or your ATAGO Distributor.
Do not disassemble or perform any repair on the unit other than the basic inspection and replacement of parts as described in the operation manual for the instrument. During the manufacturer warranty period, any unauthorized tampering and opening of the instrument will void the manufacturer warranty. ATAGO does not warrant the problems which are a result of user’s fault or abuse. All service and/or repair must be performed by an Authorized ATAGO Service Agent.
- All instruments received for repair are subject to an inspection fee. a. MASTER, PAL, DPH, DEC, PAN, and QR series all come with a 1-year manufacturer warranty.a. PR-α and ES-421 units come with a 2-year manufacturer warranty. This warranty can be extended to etither to 1 to 2 years or 2 to 3 years respectively by registering the unit(s) on this website: http://www.atago.net/registration/usa/registration.php
- CM-800α, PRM-100α, Abbe Models, AP-300, and POLAX-2L all come with a 1-year manufacture warranty. This warranty can be extended to 2 years by registering the unit(s) on this website: http://www.atago.net/registration/usa/registration.php
- SMART-1, RX-5000, RX-α, and RX-i models all come with a 2-year manufacturer warranty. This warranty can be extended to 3 years by registering the unit(s) on this website: http://www.atago.net/registration/usa/registration.php
- The prism on the RX-5000, RX-α, and RX-i models are covered under the manufacturer warranty, except for the RX-007α. The RX-007α manufacturer warranty does not cover the prism.
- The touchscreen on the RX-i models is not covered under the manufacturer warranty.
- The manufacturer warranty does not cover any physical damage to the body or the prism of instruments, other than the exceptions listed in “e.” above. Any internal damage (including water damage) will void the warranty, and the unit can be repaired at customer’s expense.
2. A copy of the Original Purchase Receipt must be included with any warranty repair.
3. Should an issue arise with any ATAGO product within the warranty period, immediately contact ATAGO USA Inc. at 1-877-ATAGO-US (1-877-282-4687).
- An ATAGO Representative will help troubleshoot to resolve the problem and isolate the cause of the problem.
4. Should the unit need to be sent in for a warranty inspection, ATAGO will perform the inspection at no charge.
- Customer is responsible for shipping the unit back to the ATAGO USA Offices.
5. Instruments under warranty will be repaired or replaced at the discretion of ATAGO USA Inc.
- The repaired/replacement unit will be shipped back to the customer at no charge.
- If, after cleaning and zero setting, the unit is in good working condition (no repair or replacement needed), the customer will be responsible for the cost of shipping back to their facility. An ATAGO representative will be in contact to outline costs and options at that time.
6. If any damage is found, an ATAGO representative will provide a quotation on the cost of any repair needed. Repair is performed only upon approval from the customer.